Monday, November 17, 2008

My helpers,


This is Nellie

and this is Charlie, my two farm girls. 

Nellie is very, very, old so she is allowed to bask in the sun. Charlie, on the other hand is two and a half so she is a little friskier. Together, the two of them are very sweet and they look after one other and follow each other everywhere. I think having Charlie around has prolonged Nellie's life by years - a younger playmate and all that. 

Today was another gorgeous day in Provence and we picked even more olives than yesterday, so the bath and the bubbles still beckon. Hard work combined with good progress makes me feel very content tonight. 

 I don't have my own olive oil label just yet (but would love to one day) and I sell the fruit to a mill nearby, called CastelaS. If you would like to try this oil (knowing that kilos and kilos of my olives have been blended to produce this fine drop) it is available in the States at most Williams Sonoma outlets and also at Zabars in New York. 


I think it is the most delicious olive oil of all -  how can I not say that, this oil tastes like nectar to me. 
I am extravagant with my olive oil because I am lucky enough to have copious quantities to use, but the best way to enjoy this oil is with a crusty loaf of bread and lots of dipping. 
Sheer bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment