Saturday, November 15, 2008

My bags are packed...


After six weeks of planes, trains and automobiles I am on my way home to Provence - I can't wait as I have the impression that I have been away forever and longer. As I write this I am feeling excited to think in a few hours I can wander around the garden, play with the dogs and catch up on all the news in my absence. 

Tomorrow begins our olive harvest so for the next three weeks I will be outdoors (hopefully not freezing but basking in the sunshine) picking the fruit and delivering it to the mill each day. The harvest is my favourite time of year, along with Christmas, and marks the beginning of the holiday season for me. Not that picking olives is any holiday - it is long and tiring work- but I don't care as there is something so rewarding about growing your own produce. 

So, time to stop day my dreaming, pack away the tiara and the heels, button up the country gear and get a move along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment