Monday, November 17, 2008

The first day is always the hardest..


Oh I am tired tonight... 

I have been picking olives all day in the sunshine (yes, the weather was beautiful in St Remy de Provence today) but I am aching all over - the back hurts, the legs hurt and the long hot soak in the tub is only minutes away. But I don't care about my tiredness because we had a really successful day and picked a good quantity of olives- it looks like the harvest this year will be a bumper crop, so everyone is very excited.

The hours just evaporated as we worked our way through the trees. It is such a lovely process picking olives (especially when the weather is kind) as all thoughts of anything else disappear. As much as physical labour is exhausting I find the mental escape so relaxing.

Anyway off to soak forever in that bath.....

No comments:

Post a Comment