Wednesday, November 19, 2008

FFM (favourite french music)


Tonight I was all set to write another little post but the gorgeous Trina from La La Lovely asked me about the French music I liked - she will be sorry she asked ....and I couldn't resist listing a few faves.

Serge Gainsbourg - Couleur Cafe, Comic Strip, Love and the Beat, and Monsieur Gainsbourg Revisited. (Yes it does all sound the same but I don't care)

Jane Birkin - Je t'aime...Moi non Plus ( again with SG - her great love) and Arabesque

Isabelle Boulay - Tout un Jour

Carla Bruni - Quelqu'un m'a dit and Comme si de rien netait 

Belinda Carslile - Voila ( the greatest version of La Vie en Rose from a real rocker)

Francoise Hardy - Les Chansons d'Amour, Tant de Belles Choses and The Vogue Years

Can't help myself with these oldies...

Charles Aznavour - She: The best of Charles Aznavour

Yves Montand - Un Gamin de Paris

Edith Piaf - Chansons d' Edith Piaf, La Vie en Rose

Also love the soundtrack for the movie, A Good Year  and all the mixes from Stephane Pompougnac (especially the early Buddha Bar) and Hotel Costes.

okay enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment