Monday, December 20, 2010

The Dream

Everyone has that one home they could move right into and not change a thing. A place they feel was built just for them. I call this the “Dream Space” because more often than not it can’t be found any place but in your dreams. Well yesterday when I opened the new issue of Lofts and Condos magazine I found my dream space. It was love at first sight and more fittingly in my hubby’s home state of Minnesota. The plaster and wood work in this apartment is beyond my dreams. It’s the perfect blend of traditional elegance and modern form. Gunkelman’s interior design did a masterful job of preserving the original work of architect Milo Thomas. The classical columns, moldings and 13-foot ceilings make the apartment look like a piece of art. The furniture chosen for this home is just icing on the cake. The muted palette allows the furnishings from different eras to blend seamlessly together while still retaining their unique characteristics. I can’t move into this dream space but I hope one day I can create one of my own…Happy Dreaming Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment