Wednesday, October 13, 2010

the very french laeticia hallyday and i have something in common - our j brands...


One of the best feelings in the world...and I am probably speaking for girls ....can't say I know how you boys feel about this.....is when you find a pair of jeans that fit. A pair of jeans that hold it rather than fold it, jeans that are long enough and wide enough, jeans that round the back and flatten the front and jeans that zip. I mean jeans that close without tearing the skin off your index finger and jeans that close without the need to use a wire hanger...I am presuming we all remember that special trick of laying flat on the back, the hanger hooked into the eye of the zipper and the super human strength needed to pull it up.

Why is it that the most perfect jeans are hard to find? There are more styles and brands out there than we could ever count, yet our quest for 'the pair' is eternal. How many pairs have we bought only to dismiss them, toss them and relegate them to jean heaven? I can only buy jeans on the right day, in the right mood and if the planets are aligned in perfect jean shopping order. Trying on jeans can make me miserable, unfriendly and downright depressed. Shopping for shoes or bags never makes me feel like that, quite the opposite. Shopping for all the other female necessities of life is a doddle after shopping for jeans. Wearing jeans is something you do or don't do, there are no halfway measures with jeans - you either love them or you don't. They can be a torture because they are unforgiving - hence the slide into the darkness when they don't fit. Jeans know the truth; they recognise every wayward pound that sneaks around the waistline and hugs the thighs.

When I have my jean moment, when they fit exactly how I like... I feel euphoric. Feeling right in the denims is one step forward on the road to self confidence. My new best friends are by J Brand and they are called the Houlihan; with flats or heels, at night or during the day, these babies are going to be keeping me very close company...... Do you have good and bad 'jean days' ?  A pair of absolute favourites? ....xv

image - laeticia hallyday, wife of french singer johnny hallyday out and about doing her grocery shopping in her j brand houlihans....www.denimblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment