Friday, October 29, 2010

only 50 pesos....


What are we doing I ask Mr FF...
The car has stopped rather suddenly somewhere between Merida and Cancun....
I think I saw something worth exploring back there, he says....
Oh really I didn't notice anything....
I am tired, it's 100 degrees and that much more humidity outside... 
We have spent several happy hours wandering around the ruins of Chicin Iza and now all I can think of is the hotel, the beach and the taste of a zingy lime laden margarita.....
...

He won't take no for an answer...
Down the street, across the road and large papier mache characters are drying on the footpath....
Inside pinatas everwhere, no space to move....
Above my head and under my feet....
Life sized and all sizes...
An explosion of colour and creativity in a village house
See he says, worth it...
Yes I say, very worth it....
So worth it we bought two....
One for him and one for me...
Only 50 pesos each....
Who can resist....
Not us...
We are silly like that...
...


Today is a different story...
A story about postage and packaging...
Not 50 pesos anymore....
It costs many pesos to travel many miles...
Our 'two' are so cute...
So adorable...
So hand picked...
So not expected...
We can't just abandon them...


xv

image - vicki archer

No comments:

Post a Comment