Monday, October 18, 2010

DIY Pink Ampersand Artwork

My obsession with the Kate Spade pink ampersand artwork has finally culminated into a DIY project. Before I get started on how to get this project started I must say that this is my first and last (as of now) art project. I must also let you know that there are a number of different ways to do this project and the way I chose to go about it might have been the most difficult. All that being said I hope you guys still try this project at home because the result is really beautiful and would bring such life to any space. In total this project cost less than $20. Let me know if you have any questions...Happy Crafting Everyone!

Materials Needed:
1. Ampersand Graphic
2. Exacto knife
3. Canvas/Canvas Panel
4. Behr Mulberry sample paint
5. White Spray Paint
6. Roller Lite Tiny Touch Up Kit
7. Painters Tape
8. Art Brushes
Step One: Pour sample paint into roller lite tiny touch up kit.Step Two: Paint entire canvas and let it dry.Step Three: While canvas is drying use exacto knife to cut out ampersand graphic.Step Four: Once the canvas is dry and you have cut out your template use the painters tape to tape your template onto the canvas.Step Five: Use the spray paint to cover the openings of the template. OR you can use a roller and roll on white paint. This method might be best because I had blow back from the spray paint that I had to later touch up as you will see in the following steps.
Step Six: Remove the template from the canvas and use your art brushes to make any touch ups needed because of blow back.
Step Seven: Once paint is dry, hang and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment