Friday, December 12, 2008

Antiquing in Avignon


France is the home of the antique market and the French (and me) love nothing more than a day out browsing. In Avignon last weekend there was an antiques 'exposition' full of fantastic furniture and collectibles. I arrived mid morning, which was definitely too late, as many dealers had come as early as 6.00 am to scoop up the very best of the  goodies. Even so I could have found myself some treasures...

Are there any treasures you like amongst my snaps?

I thought these chairs were a real possibility and I would be very happy with that painted cupboard, not to mention the clock...


What about the little red choo-choo train - could be very cute filled with pine cones and sitting by the front door for Christmas?

Military madness - why didn't I snap these up? Too much clicking and not enough concentrating ...

I nearly bought this set of glass jars but then decided the shape and the lids were a bit difficult but...
the bolts and bolts of heavy linens on the back table sent me floating to upholstery heaven.

 With so much to choose from it became all too exhausting, so like 'red legs' here, I sat down and enjoyed a delicious lunch. 

Don't forget to stop and have a delicious lunch or two this weekend, xv.

No comments:

Post a Comment