Wednesday, June 29, 2011

do you 'sale'...



Are you a sales shopper? It is that time of year in Europe and the sales signs are everywhere. The shops are full with rack upon rack of designer deductions and the shoe departments have upended every last toe-peeper, wedge, heel and flat onto the floor...crowds and chaos clutter the once calm and elegant department stores and boutiques.

I am not a professional when it comes to the sales, although I have now come to realise that there are very genuine bargains to be had, especially in London in the summer. Fashion favourites that I coveted earlier in the year are now 50% off and will continue to slide as the month moves on. While the discounts are tempting it is finding the stamina to search that is the hard part....

That is where shopping the online sales is so brilliant. From the comfort of my mac I can find all the treasures I could possibly imagine - clad my feet in Louboutin, frock up in Erdem and stash my goodies in an Alexa by Mulberry. I can add as much as I like to my shopping basket without guilt because with one simple click the fun can be over and I won't have spent a cent or I can save my bits for later and take time to reflect on whether they are good value or not. Win/Win.

There are a few pitfalls to any 'sale' shopping so these days, having learnt the hard way, before I pay I say....

Do I really...really want this? ('Need' is not a word we girls understand nor wish to reflect upon...)
Would I buy this at full price? That is the only reason to buy at half price....If it wasn't right the first time around it won't be any different because it is cheaper...
Am I caught up in the frenzy of bargains?
Am I buying what I like not what my daughters think I would like?
Will it suit me? Sales generally mean once purchased non-refundable...
Is there something similar elsewhere that I prefer?

If I answer yes, yes, no, yes, yes and no then I'm good to go....  shopbop.comnet a porter.com and matches.com are my fashion vices of preference....they ship everywhere and their return policies are very fair....Have fun saving all that money....xv


my daily click HERE

image - google images

No comments:

Post a Comment