Monday, June 20, 2011

DIY Push-Pin Message Board

Over the weekend I had some free time so I decided to do a bit of crafting for the Good Shepherd Center Design Project. All the rooms are required to have a massage board and I wanted mine to have some pop. Making my own push pin message board was a tad harder than I thought but in the end I think it turned out pretty good. In all I would say this project cost me around $20...Happy Crafting Everyone!

Materials Needed:
Sample Paint (8oz)
Small Roller
Paint Brush
Old Frame/Artwork
Cork Con-Tact Liner

Step One:
Separate the frame from the artwork.
Step Two:
Lay the contact liner on the back side of the artwork. The liner is very fragile when being separated from the adhesive cover so be careful not to let it rip like I did.Step Three:
Once you have the liner securely on, you can use the roller to roll on your desired paint color. I only did one coat because I didn’t want to over saturate the liner.
Step Four:
Paint the frame your desired color. I used a brush to do this.Step Five:
Once both the frame and liner are dry, put the pieces back together, hang and enjoy.
Hope you enjoy this project and give it a try. If you have any questions let me know. And if you do give it a try please share pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment