Monday, April 18, 2011

french scent...


Sometimes a scent will stop you in your tracks - Le Labo, Fleur d'Oranger 27 is one such scent. We all have our best loved fragrances that we wear year in and year out - we all splash and spray our particular fragrances for our own reasons. I often think that perfume is more about the memories that it evokes than the actual base of floral notes that make up the scent. I am very faithful to my fragrances and have written before about my perfume loves here, here and here. Annick Goutal, Serges Lutens and Frederic Malle have been my constant companions since forever.

This Le Labo scent is fresh and clean and there is a hint of the familiar about it. Warm evenings and scented breezes, happiness and laughter, sweet memories of  Provence; these were the some of the thoughts dancing around my head as I inhaled this Fleur d' Oranger for the first time. If I could bathe in orange blossoms I would; my joy at finding another scent with these notes made me ridiculously happy. For me, scent is the most important part of my wardrobe. I feel entirely underdressed without it and I don't really remember a time when I haven't felt like that. xv

my daily click HERE

image  - le labo

No comments:

Post a Comment