Tuesday, June 15, 2010

the first day of the rest of your life....




These words are the ones that I should remember every morning when I wake up. I am sorry to admit that I don't very often, not because I don't want to... I do, it is just that I forget with the ebb and flow of everyday life. Those boring old responsibilities, that ball and chain of obligation and those shackles of duty make us all remiss when it comes to appreciating that a new day is a new beginning.


I was beautifully reminded of this last night when I watched RĂ©mi Bezancon's film, Le Premier Jour Du Reste De Ta Vie. This film was nominated for lots of 'French style' Academy awards and has a fabulous sound track. The plot revolves around the Duval family: Marie, Robert and their three children, Albert, Raphael and Fleur. Through each of these character's eyes, over a twelve year period, we witness a family's triumphs and tragedies. If you love a good French film... that is... nothing gory with bucket loads of emotion...then I highly recommend watching this one. Sometimes a dose of French sentiment is a refreshing change from the full on Hollywood blockbuster and just the kind of reminder I need...xv

image - google
sebiwandanslesetoiles.com


No comments:

Post a Comment