Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I should have listened...



Now that the initial 'first ski' euphoria has subsided it would be remiss of me not to mention my aching limbs. I don't want you to get the impression that I have found my ski legs without sufficient pain and suffering. Why didn't I listen to your wisdom and train better, prepare better, stretch better, practice pilates and yoga better? The answer is simple. I am one lazy girl who thinks her past fitness will get her through and that the muscle memory bank of years gone by will trigger a miracle. What was I thinking - obviously not much - and it serves me right. There is no miracle; fitness comes to those who pay the price. My calves, my quads and every other miniscule muscle in my legs are tight. So tight, I feel like I have been riding with John Wayne and The Cowboys out on the plains for weeks. Please feel free to say, 'I told you so'.


The only sensible solution for my stiff 'swagger' is a long soak in a deep bath followed by a very generous glass of red wine. In an hour or two I will be feeling no pain.....xv


image - blurtit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment