Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Land Of Oz


Like Dorothy, I feel as if I have magically clicked my heels together and landed in a wonderful place called Oz.  Actually it was not so much the vigorous clicking of my heels but the mighty jet engines of a 747 that have transported me home to my native Sydney.


And like Dorothy I have my own borrowed 'wheels' not heels to race from one adventure to the next. 

What a machine - lime green and spoiler to match. I have never been paid so much attention (good and bad) on the roads before! I am a white, silver or dark blue 'flat enamel paint' colour kind of girl when it comes to a car, and here I am encased in this lime green metallic fantasy. My friends love it - take great pleasure in questioning my so called lapse in good taste (actually I am quite partial to a bit of chartreuse or even lettuce green - that is how I prefer to affectionately describe 'the beast'.

So for the next ten days I shall be racing around old Sydney town in 'the beast' so if anyone sees me (you can't miss me - I am the only green gal, shining ever so brightly, on the roads) please flash those lights or toot that horn.

Before they change their minds (when they see this post and find out the true me!) I want to thank the gorgeous Kelli from A Rendezvous with Style and the divine Judith from Paris Atelier for my most treasured blog awards. 

As in all good things there are rules, so

I have mentioned the blogs that gave me the awards and I have let them know how excited I am to be included. I need to list six things I value. Kelli and Judith have so eloquently written about the things that we all value so dearly that all I want to say right now is this,

I am so happy to wake up to a glorious Sydney sunshine day and for once be able to call my parents, my brother, my nieces or my friends and not think about the time difference.

I can play with my niece's three gorgeous girls in person after school and listen to their adorable banter - rather than learn of their news by email. 

I can spend real time with my oldest and dearest friends - that is the absolute in luxury.

I am surrounded by familiarity - I can indulge in Aussie sense of humour and split my sides laughing with girlfriends. (there is nothing like a laugh with the girls)

But not to leave him out, I am with my husband - a workaholic and whirlwind traveller! We are actually in the same place at the same time for once. 

And..... I get to drive the green beast.

I need to pass on this award to twelve creative and clever bloggers - that is just not possible, because in the couple of short months that I have been blogging I have encountered hundreds of blogs that are visually beautiful, informative, funny, creative and so deserving of mention. 

So would anyone, who feels inclined, leave me a comment and mention something of value or that thing you love most about your home town.

No comments:

Post a Comment