Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ile St Louis...



The time after the sun sets and before the street lights come on is a magical time for photographers. So with this in mind, Carla and I walked to a spot on the Isle St Louis so she could snap away - As ever, I was her very willing accomplice.

This island in the middle of the Seine is home to some of Paris' finest real estate (and also the most delicious Berthillon ice cream). Elegant 17th Century stone townhouses face the river - If only I could have climbed up those balconies and seen inside the apartments -  imagine the extraordinary interiors I might have found....


As the light faded and the drizzle started to deter even our robust spirits, we waved back at the passengers on the Bateaux-Mouches and called it a day.


The cafes and restaurants looked so warm and cosy,



and we even had time for a bit of window shopping,



I don't know whether I like the groovy 60's chairs or the flashing blue Eiffel Tower more!

No comments:

Post a Comment