Thursday, May 19, 2011

pearls and more pearls....


There was something about all those roses last week that made me think about pearls...I can't quite fathom the connection, perhaps soft and feminine are the similarities, but that's the beauty of random thoughts...the bouncing around between ideas, the following of haphazard thoughts and the chasing of the non-planned. 

Pearls, those luminous wonders of nature, seem to me to be perfect for any occasion. Like most jewels, bigger and flawless is best, but it is the irregular and smaller baubles that I think are so pretty. Long strands, short strands, multiple strands, Chanel style, freshwater or cultured - as many or as few as you like, pearls work like that. Pearls are never in or out of fashion and pearls make their own rules. I like wearing them every which way - winding them around my wrist as a bracelet or clipping a couple of long strands together with a vintage paste brooch. 

I have loved pearls, all pearls, for as long as I can remember....xv

my daily click HERE

image - vicki archer

No comments:

Post a Comment