Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hello Westweek

I’m so excited Westweek is here again. I had such a wonderful time last year hearing about what direction the design industry was going in and meeting one of my idols, Margaret Russell. Margaret (no, we are not on a first name basis, I just like to pretend) is now the Editor in Chief of Architectural Digest so this year the new Editor in Chief of Elle Décor, Michael Boodro will be on the key note panel. I’m looking forward to hearing this discussion because the panel is packed with some major players in the shelter magazine industry. I have so many questions I want to ask, like…How do they feel about the emergence of so many online magazines? How did the partnership between Lonny and Traditional Home come to be? Do they see a growth of Tag Readers in more magazines? Why is my subscription $19 this year and $54 the second year? Okay, I’m not brave enough to ask that last question but inquiring minds want to know.

I’m also looking forward to An Afternoon with Barbara Barry at the Kravet showroom. To hear her speak about anything would be a dream come true. It could be a discussion on the benefits of the #2 pencil in the design industry and I would be over the moon.

That’s what I’m looking forward to on Wednesday. I’ll post what I’m looking forward to on Thursday, tomorrow. If you have any questions you would like me to ask, just leave a comment below and I will try my best to get you an answer...Happy Westweek Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment