Thursday, March 17, 2011

contemplation and reflection...


I was walking around our village last week, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping and life felt very good, when I came across this couple side by side in the Place Favier. They were so together yet it appeared to me that they were alone in their thoughts. This man and this woman were almost a pigeon pair - their hair, their clothing, their posture. They were like bookends, so alike were they in their stance. At that time this photo made me think about long term relationships and how we grow to be like our partners, not only in the way we look but in the way we think and the way we behave.

That was last week. The world has since changed. Now when I look at this image I think only of contemplation and reflection. How quickly our world can shift, how easily smiles can be lost and hearts broken beyond repair. There is much to contemplate and even more to reflect upon.

Japan you are in my thoughts, xv. 

my daily click HERE

image - vicki archer

No comments:

Post a Comment