Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Les Platanes...



I know that the winter is nearly upon me when the Plane trees in our garden are to be pruned. The 'dulcet tones' of the chain saw is somewhat disturbing my concentration this morning; life on the farm runs to a timetable, a seasonal agenda and far be it from me to interfere with the program. It is not exactly pruning but more that the trees are shaped and the branches stripped so the lawn is not buried under an avalanche of falling leaves. They are clipped each year from above so that their branches continue to grow outwards, not upwards, to form an umbrella shape and a canopy of shade in the summer.

I am forever sentimental when a season passes and the garden starts her journey towards hibernation but at the same time I am excited for the changes and the winter activities ahead. xv

images - me, an hour ago

No comments:

Post a Comment