Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Online Design.... Good or Bad?

There is a new trend in the interior design industry and it’s called design online, or instant space or e-consulting. Whatever you call it, it seems to be a big hit because a number of designers are offering this new service. From Betsy Burnham and her instant space, to Katie Denham and her kd space, and also my fellow OC blogger Julie Thigpen (Belle Home Studio) and her online design services, internet design is popping up every where.

So are you a big fan of this new service? Do you think it’s taking away an important aspect of our industry, which is meeting the clients and getting to know them and their space fully? Or do you think it adds a much needed recession proof aspect to our industry? I for one love the concept but I’m not sure how many people would take advantage of this service. I know the Do-It-Yourselfers would love this service but who else? If you’re an e-consulting designer please e-mail me and let me know how this service has impacted your business. I’m sure my readers would love to know more about this interesting service.

1st Pic: Betsy Burnham

2nd Pic: Julie Thigpen (Belle Home Studio)

No comments:

Post a Comment