Saturday, December 12, 2009

There is no harm in asking...




St Remy de Provence
11th December, 2009


Dear Santa,
If you have a moment in your busy schedule could you please pull up the sleigh in the rue Saint-Honore in Paris. You being the all-knowing-and-make-wishes-come-true-Santa would know where that is so I won't include directions. If the sleigh won't fit down that quaint old rue you can always take the Metro and hop out at the Palais Royale, the Tuileries or the Pyramides stops. It is a pretty easy way to travel around Paris; the seats are quite comfortable and roomy, the service is speedy and I know that those Parisian commuters would just love to wish you bonjour and bonne fete. Perhaps you could park the reindeers in the Bois de Bologne or the Bois de Vincennes while you scoot into the city. When you arrive outside 173 rue Saint Honore you will see the cutest little boutique called Astier de Villatte and....well....what I really wanted to tell you was this...I just love everything inside that delightful paradise. 


Santa, I know from past experience that you have impeccable taste and need no help whatsoever in selecting gifts. I am certain that the moment you open the wooden door and enter this 'toy shop' for grownups you will be amazed at the selections. I think you could save yourself a lot of time back at the North Pole if you filled some of the Santa sacks here. Imagine how happy Mrs Claus would be if you managed to finish a little earlier on Christmas Eve and Santa, think of your elves - those happy little helpers could retire to bed early. 





Santa, I know so many of my friends would love a scented candle or adore to have one of Astier de Villatte's signature porcelain cups. 








The 'chequer board' covered paper diary with the gold edges is my favourite diary of all time and as for their perfumes and glass paper weights... I am swooning.








Santa I have my fingers crossed that you arrive in Paris safely and find your way to Astier de Villatte. Anything, any little thing at all that could find it's way into your sack would be completely and utterly perfect.


Until Christmas morning dear Santa...
xv


images astier de villatte, rue saint honore - me 


No comments:

Post a Comment