Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Swan Lake by Repetto...




The Repetto window in the Marais arrondissement of Paris is an unusual ode to Christmas. It is not your traditional baubles and beads or gold glitz and silver glamour decorations. Feathers, slippers and tutus are the order of the day for a ballet shop but the addition of the nesting swan made me think of Tchaikovsky's classical ballet Swan Lake. I have always loved The Nutcracker Suite as a part of the holiday festivities but as I gazed through this window I felt that 'she' (for she must have been representing the most beautiful swan of all, Odette) also embodied the spirit of Christmas. 


Swan Lake and the 'happy ever after love' between Odette and her Prince Siegfried make me think of magic and ever lasting romance. Magic and romance makes me think of Christmas. A perfect window I thought, xv.


image - me


No comments:

Post a Comment