Monday, September 28, 2009

French Essence (the book not the blog)... for you



Someone asked me if writing a book and the subsequent publication was like giving birth; yes, I think it is. A new book is just like a new baby - expecting the arrival, waiting for what seems like forever and thinking that you know each and all of the peculiarities and the distinguishing characteristics. When you actually meet face to face it is strangely something of a surprise, a very happy and emotional surprise.

French Essence has been two years in the making and I don't think a day has passed where I have not thought about the words or the images. Since conception it has occupied pretty much my every waking moment. I have had the great pleasure to work with Carla Coulson again; her magical touch has captured in photographs all that I see and love about life in France. The words that I have written are heartfelt and about the people and places that I hold dear.

This week I am giving away two copies to celebrate the publication of French Essence. To enter please leave a comment and subscribe to my blog here. If you are already a subscriber you will automatically be entered to win and the winners will be announced next week.

Like all new mothers...I can't wait to show you this new baby, xv.

No comments:

Post a Comment