Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pour the creme, melt the butter and crack open the eggs...



Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking is on the best seller's list 48 years after publication and it is all due to the new hit film from Nora Ephron, Julie & Julia

Mastering the Art of French Cooking is just that and we know what French cooking means - more creme, lots of butter and many more eggs. What will this culinary fad do for our cholesterol levels? Who knows, maybe if we eat like the French - and that would be very much in moderation - then we will be able to survive this dairy diet.

I don't know if I will have the patience to actually master Julia Child's brilliance like blogger Julie Powell but I do feel tempted to give it a shot (and I haven't even seen the movie yet). I think I might start out with some of Julia Child's not so daunting recipes from My Life in France - this might be a little less intimidating for those of us who feel challenged in the kitchen. And if the creme sours, the butter congeals or the eggs flop it is still a really, really great read. xv

No comments:

Post a Comment