Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Jingle, jangle I love a bangle....


Ever since I can remember I have been one of those girls who loves a bit of jingle jangle on her arm. I adore the tinkling sounds as metal bangles clink together and I love the deeper tones when wooden bracelets move up and down the arm with my movements. I am prone to wearing many bracelets on my right arm or pairs of bracelets, like cuffs. Silver, gold, pearls , diamontes, wooden or plastic - I love them all.

I am a big fan of the blog This is Glamorous and when I saw the Maya and Ruhi bangle featured I just had to leave a comment saying how gorgeous I thought it was. Guess what? I won this beautiful hand made purple agate bracelet in the giveaway. It is a cuff bracelet and truthfully, it hasn't left my wrist since it arrived (except for this morning's photograph) and I just love it.

I am a bracelet kind of girl as opposed to a necklace kind of girl and I am an earring kind of girl compared to a ring kind of girl. (Although I do have the occasional hankering for the big cocktail ring.) I am happy wearing as many bracelets together as possible and I am happy wearing the longest dangliest earrings I can find but I can't seem to bring myself to wear them together. This is one of my little foibles; I think jewellery like clothing needs to be carefully put together and pieces shouldn't conflict with each other. If I wear drop earrings I tend to leave my wrists bear and if I am having a jingle jangle moment I either loose the earrings or wear something very simple. If I can possible bare to draw attention to my less than perfect nails then the 'big' ring must do all the decorative work alone.

Earrings, bracelets, rings, necklaces - one, some, many or the lot....do tell? xv

No comments:

Post a Comment