Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Summer is nearly over... a good time to start.

The summer feels as if it is coming to an end in southern France - there is a definite crispness in the night air and an autumn clarity in the blue skies. I have just returned from a yoga class with my friends in the neighboring village of Eygalieres and as I drive home along the Voie Aurelia I decided that today is the day to start blogging.

I am new to yoga and none too flexible ( Sophie our teacher assures that it will come - she is a complete rubber band after years of contortions) but I enjoy the calmness that seems to follow these sessions. I am not sure whether this relaxation and sense of peace comes from the breathing techniques and exercises or more from sitting outside in a beautiful garden with a direct view to the Alpilles on one side and a glimpse of Mount Ventoux on the other. I know the eyes are meant to be firmly closed in order to focus and get the most from the session but I cannot help but drink in my surroundings. 

I am new to blogging but was introduced to this wonderful pastime as a result of the Penguin publication of  'My French Life' in 2006. Kind and creative bloggers out there wrote about my book and it is to them I want to say thank you - thank you for your support and thank you for introducing me to your world. 

So this blog I hope will enable me to write about all the little moments that make up life in France, to share my love of interiors and fashion and maybe even shed a little light on old London town from time to time.


No comments:

Post a Comment