Sunday, January 23, 2011

this morning's conversation went something like this...

ME: ....I am a mess....I need help.....NO, I need a miracle.....the hair is a nightmare...too long...too awful....too....too....everything......it's dragging me (and all my aging bits) down.......what can you do?? We have an hour.......Quick...find those scissors and please start cutting....I need a transformation.....

THE HAIRDRESSER: ....You know that you are prone to exaggeration, don't you? It has only been six weeks since your last haircut....

ME: ....Oh really....it feels and looks like six years to me.....

THE HAIRDRESSER: ...How much should we take off?? (He places his fingers two inches above the bottom of my hair)

ME: ...That much!! Half that....

THE HAIRDRESSER: .... I thought you wanted a change...a miracle...a new look!! (Said smiling...he knows me well)

ME: ....I do... But not that much!! 

Don't you love a haircut...even the smallest amount can make you feel like a new woman. I understand why French woman spend so much of their time and money in hair salons all over the country...it is the best value and the quickest, 'lift' there is....Happy weekend, xv.

No comments:

Post a Comment