Monday, May 18, 2009

Frame Job

I love getting decorating questions from you guys. On Friday Shemeena emailed me asking for some advice for her new office. She wanted a few ideas on putting up art/pictures without frames since her sliding doors won't support the heavy framing. Shemeena, I hope one of these ideas work for you, or help to inspire a great idea of your own. Please let me know how it works out.

1. Keep it simple
When hanging pictures without a frame it's best to keep it simple. Don't add too many pictures and keep the spacing consistent. The key to making it look elegant and not collage-y will be spacing and the amount of pictures you hang. And make sure your art/pictures are high quality.

2. Paint a frame
Painting a frame on your wall adds an extra element to your pictures. I love this idea because a painted backdrop is something different that is sure to make your pictures a conversation piece. Make sure you map out your pictures before you start painting and pick a color that really compliments your art and your decor.

3. Wallpaper
After reading Shemeena's email this wallpaper popped into my head so I had to share.

4. Frame it
Who said your frames have to be heavy? Ikea has a hundred and one frames that don't carry a lot of weight.

Products to help you hang:
I recommend using 3M's line of Command Adhesive Products. No fuss and no mess, you have to love that.


Hope I've helped some....Happy Monday and happy hanging =)

No comments:

Post a Comment